Due to the natural aging process, our skin loses its refreshing and youthful appearance with clear signs of aging becoming more obvious. Sagging skin and facial lines accompany the aging process, but they are crucial to be addressed on time since they are indicators of skin tissue breakdown. A thread lift is an efficient process that is majorly used to treat areas of the face and neck but also employed in areas such as wrinkly knees, sagging buttocks, and elbows. If you are searching for – “Thread Life Near Me“, then associate with a reliable aesthetic expert like The Skin Scholar.
What is a Thread Lift?
- A thread lift is a procedure that aims at resolving the signs of skin aging. It involves the hypodermic placement of PDO threads that are pulled to get the desired lifting effect. This procedure is employed in addressing the issues on the jowl, midface, and neck while also effective in treating sagging issues on the cheek and eyebrows.
- These threads also termed as stitches or sutures are small strands of dissolvable materials that are employed in the skin to increase and resuspend the tissue, encourage the production of collagen while also offering structural support. Similar to fillers, there are different types of threads developed from diverse compounds and deliver desired results. Most commonly used threads are developed from an absorbable substance called polydioxanone (PDO), which was used in heart surgery.
- Typically, threads are inserted and secured via insertion points of tiny needles. This implies that there will be no surgeries, no tissues, or no stitches visible on the skin surface. They are placed strategically to provide support to the underlying areas and resuspend the tissue. Similarly, these products are developed to encourage a healing response in the body. This leads to new collagen growth in the body which causes thickening of the tissue and enhancement of skin tone and texture.
What is the Goal of a Thread Lift?
The major focus of a thread lift is to restructure the skin tissues, thereby rejuvenating the skin for restoring the youthful look and appearance to the neck, face, and body. An expert skin specialist will perform the procedure by inserting a thin needle onto the skin and threading it in both directions via the soft tissues to lift and suspend the region. This threading pattern will depend on the specific skin conditions and requirements of the desired results. This treatment offers immediate results but its main aim is to stimulate the production of collagen and restore a younger look in those areas.
How does a Thread Lift Work?
The thread lift procedure operates in two types.
- The first one is the main focus. With the use of thin, dissolvable sutures beneath the skin surface. The doctor will be able to pull the skin into the desired regions. These transparent and soluble threads stick on to the skin and ensure that thread grips the skin beneath the tissue and muscles once they are pulled.
- As the treads are inserted, there is a stimulation of healing response in the body. Even though this procedure does not cause a major injury, skin detects the micro-tears in the skin. This process develops a natural response to boosting collagen production in the affected area. Collagen will restore the gaps in the sagging skin and provide a youthful look to the face.
Many studies have shown the major response of the skin to the thread lift procedure as it becomes stiff and structured. But once the thread gets dissolved in approximately a year, these effects begin to degrade. Hence, there will be precise advice given by the skin specialist depending on the skin condition and requirement of repeated sessions.
Thread Lift procedure:
This thread lift procedure is unique for every individual depending on the area which is targeted and on the desired results. But the basic technique and operations are the same in the procedure.
- The procedure starts by placing the patient on a reclining chair in the procedure room. A topical anesthetic or alcohol is applied to the target area before the procedure.
- A thin needle will be employed to insert the threads underneath the skin which will take around 30 to 45 minutes.
- Once the insertion is completed, the needles will be removed and you may feel some amount of pressure or stiffness beneath the skin.
- After a small period of monitoring when the needles are taken out, the procedure will be completed and you can go back to your house.
As it is evident the results from this procedure are immediate but there will be some amount of swelling in the region. There will be some amount of stiffness under the skin immediately after the procedure. Whatever lift is visible immediately after the procedure, will be the maximum lift. Once the threads settle and swelling is reduced, the lift will come down a bit after around 2 weeks. This result will last for around 1 to 2 years after the treatment. There will steady enhancement of the results over a few weeks as the body will stimulate the healing process and collagen development. This process can go up to 3 months after the procedure.
Regular and minor side effects from the treatment are swelling, bruising, and soreness. As these effects fade off, the skin seems to be stiffer than before. This effect gets resolved in the first week but swelling may continue for some more days in few individuals. Bruising will be present at the point of insertion but it may also be present around the treatment region which will take around 2 weeks to heal completely.
It is a dream of every individual to find the right skin treatment on their verge to look youthful and refreshed. If your thoughts are in the line of “Thread Lifts Near Me”, look for an expert like The Skin Scholar for getting natural, healthy skin and battling the aging process with elegance.