Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the human body and can hold water in the skin. It is present in the highest concentrations in fluids of the joints and eyes. As we age, there will be a drop in the generation of hyaluronic acid and the skin loses its capability to hold water making it appear dull and aged. Especially after aging, we cannot replace the same amount of hyaluronic acid that we developed as we age. But there are some ways to aid in getting back the firmness in the skins by use of hyaluronic acid. A proven solution is hyaluronic acid filler, which will not only reverse the signs of aging but aid in avoiding the damage occurring in the future.
Hyaluronic acid filler:
The natural elasticity and volume in the skin gradually decrease with age. This causes decreased production of collagen as the skin loses its ability to bounce back. Hyaluronic acid fillers fae of the fine lines and wrinkles from within, making the skin feel refreshed and look younger. Moreover, they aid in restoring the moisture, offering volume to the skin, encouraging the growth of new collagen. This treatment of injecting Hyaluronic acid filler is fast and simple and offers immediate results.
What are the benefits of hyaluronic acid fillers?
- The hyaluronic acid fillers are highly beneficial to the body as they are naturally present and generated and no risks of any adverse reactions. Moreover, fillers that based on hyaluronic acids, like Juvéderm or Restylane have proven to give immediate results. Once the procedure is complete, the patient will get effective results immediately that will still improve over the next few days.
- Hyaluronic acid filler results last from around 6 to 12 months, relying on the amount and concentration of the product used. Different types of Hyaluronic acid fillers are filled with the same component, but they differ in density, longevity, and lifting capabilities relying on the size of the formulas’ molecules and their composition.
- Moreover, another game-changing benefit is that fillers with hyaluronic acid are reversible which is unique from other types of fillers. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome, or in a rare case of blocking of the blood vessel during the process, the skin specialist will use the enzyme hyaluronidase in the target region to dissolve the hyaluronic acid filler within some time.
Different types of Hyaluronic acid fillers:
Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid filler line produced by Allergan, who are the generators of Botox. This type of filler comprises the products such as Ultra, Ultra Plus, Ultra Plus XC, Volbella XC, Vollure XC, and Voluma XC. All of them are approved by FDA approved for performing a precise task. For instance, Volbella XC is a precise formulation to treat on the lips, while Voluma XC is formulated to be treated on cheeks. It is key to consult an expert skin specialist who understands their precise usage on various target regions.
This is one more hyaluronic acid filler approved a couple of years ago by FDA and manufactured by Prollenium Medical Technologies. This has an exclusive manufacturing process that generates spherical units. It was precisely approved by FDA for nasolabial folds but is employed off-label in several other areas of the face.
The Teoxane RHA line of fillers was manufactured by Revance last year. It comprises diverse products like RHA 2, RHA 3, and RHA 4 that are manufactured with proprietary cross-linking technology that conserves the natural structure of hyaluronic acid (HA), similar to the naturally present Hyaluronic acid.
These products are approved by FDA for administration into dynamic facial wrinkles and folds such as the nasolabial folds but are generally used off-label in many regions of the face. After its launch, it has gained much effective feedback from the users in showing intended results
This is a hyaluronic acid manufactured by Merz Aesthetics that is used in the US market for a decade. The product was precisely approved for the improvement of mild to severe facial wrinkles such as in the nasolabial folds. It is best suited for fine modifications in the target regions due to its lower density when compared to others.
The Restylane hyaluronic acid line of fillers is one of the widely used fillers produced by Galderma, who are the founders of Dysport. It comprises Restylane-L, Defyne, Refyne, Silk, and Lyft. Even these products were originally developed for working on the lips but later found to be effective and approved for other regions of the face.
Who are the right candidates?
- Hyaluronic acid fillers can be employed on all types of individuals except with an active skin infection, any ongoing health issues, or pregnant women. Doctors will try to work on the existing skin infection, resolve it and then move to these hyaluronic acid fillers.
- If you decide to get hyaluronic acid fillers, you must know that there are mild chances of some side effects. Swelling and bruising are possible infections that tend to happen with all injectable treatments. But these minor side effects fade off in few days if the original treatment is performed by an expert injector.
- You can decrease the occurrence of bruising to a great extent by stopping the consumption of blood-thinning agents like aspirin, ibuprofen, or alcoholic drinks a week before the procedure. Your skin expert may suggest medicines like arnica and bromalin to aid in reducing swelling and bruising. The biggest concern is the accidental injection into a blood vessel, which may cause permanent death of the tissue, but an expert skin doctor can treat it to avoid any aggressive damage.
Filler administration is not just a scientific approach but an art. So, you have to consult only an experienced injector who can fulfill your expectations. The Skin scholar is an aesthetic center that offers genuine results to patients to be confident in their skin.